Happy ‘Christ the King’ Sunday!
whose Son Jesus Christ ascended to the throne of heaven
that he might rule over all things as Lord and King:
keep the Church in the unity of the Spirit
and in the bond of peace,
and bring the whole created order to worship at his feet;
who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever. Amen.
Many thanks to Brenda, our licensed Lay Reader, who led and offered us a reflection on Psalm 95. In the midst of all that we face, might we be encouraged to trust God and receive his peace? Might we be intentional this week in entering his gates with thanksgiving…?
As we’re almost at the start of the Advent season, a few resources that you might find helpful…
- The Art of Advent: A Painting a Day from Advent to Epiphany (2018), by Jane Williams
- Preparing for Christmas: Daily Meditations for Advent (2012), by Richard Rohr
- Comfort and Joy single copy by John Kiddle – Pamphlet
- Reverse Advent Calendar
- Christian Aid Christmas Appeal
- Advent Bible Study Resource
Might we make a commitment to spend time with God this Advent… make space to be in his presence, to read and meditate on his Word, to spend time praying for our communities and the world…? What is God asking of you this Advent season as we prepare for the coming Christ-child?
Revd Dr Catherine Mark Okoronkwo