Hope you all enjoyed your pancakes yesterday on Shrove Tuesday. What exciting toppings did you have? Please do feel free to share your pancake stories with me.
Well, today, on Ash Wednesday, we embark on our Lenten journey. And, I wonder how you are going to journey with God this Lenten season? Please do share your Lent commitments with me.
This morning, we had our first ‘Lent Reflections’ bible study. It was a super session, getting into God’s word, sharing and fellowshipping with one another. This year we are reflecting on ‘God’s story, Our story’. Our next sessions are as follows – do contact me for the login details. All are welcome!
- Wednesday, 24th February 7-8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 3rd March 11-12:30 pm
- Wednesday, 10th March 7-8:30 pm
This evening, we will be marking Ash Wednesday at our Contemplative Service. Again, all are welcome.
- Wednesday, 17th February at 7 pm
Need ideas for your Lenten journey? Here are some resources:-
- Pray As You Go
- Rooted in Love: Lent reflections on life in Christ, by Sarah Mullally
- Reflections for Lent 2021, by Guli Francis-Dehqani et al
- Every Thing is Sacred: 40 Practices and Reflections on The Universal Christ, by Richard Rohr
Prayer for Ash Wednesday
our lives are laid open before you:
rescue us from the chaos of sin
and through the death of your Son
bring us healing and make us whole
in Jesus Christ our Lord.