Happy new month! Hope you’re keeping well. Please find below the following notices for August and September. Many thanks.
Blessings, Revd Cathy
Call for volunteers
Are you able to volunteer your time to serve the mission and ministry of our churches? We need people who might be able to offer the following:
• administrative support
• odd jobs in our church buildings and church grounds
• complete grant applications
• welcome at St Barnabas on Saturdays
• churchwarden role
• PCC member role
• choir member at either church
• working party to clean and tidy St Barnabas Church
If you feel you have something to offer or would like further information, please have a conversation with a member of the Ministry Team or Churchwarden. Alternatively, you can drop Revd Cathy an email and this will be responded to in September. Thank you.
Please note the deadline for the September issue is 22nd August. This is a thriving ministry, so if you feel able to make a contribution, that would be absolutely fabulous! Please forward submissions to Janet Sullivan [firstname.lastname@example.org] or Jenny Bassett
[email@example.com]. Thank you.
Please join with us this month in praying for:
• Summer Holidays: Please continue to pray for those who find the school summer holidays difficult. That God will bring peace and keep our children and families safe.
• Rest: Please pray for all the staff and volunteers who will be taking some much needed rest over the summer
• New volunteer approvals: Our Community Volunteer Managers use August to catch up with lots of administrative tasks particularly relating to approving new volunteers. Please pray that the process is efficient as possible and for these volunteers as they start their journey with us.
• Family Support Team: Please pray for our Family Support Team as they continue to support families and active volunteers throughout the summer.
Mission Action Planning Meeting
Thursday, 9th September 10-11:30 pm (St Barnabas Church)
An opportunity to pray and reflect on how God might be calling us in the mission and ministry of our churches over the next 3-5 years. We will be welcoming Amy Williams from Crosslight to speak to us.
Ride and Stride
Saturday, 11th September at All Saints and St Barnabas Church. Able to volunteer to welcome visitors on the day, please speak to Jenny Roe or Julie Hailstone.
Thursday, 16th September 7-9 pm at St Barnabas Church. A meeting to share ideas on the possibilities of developing our St Barnabas Church halls.
Summer Reading Group
In August/September you are invited to read Paula Gooder’s ‘The Parables’. You can purchase this book from Amazon. We will have an informal discussion around Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 in September, as follows:
• Tuesday, 21st September 10-11:30 am (Vicarage)… Chapter 6
• Tuesday, 28th September 5-6:30 pm (Vicarage)… Chapter 8
Cathedral Poetry Festival
Thursday, 14th October 4:30-6pm at Bristol Cathedral. Date for your diary.