- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 am — Morning Prayer:
Why not come along? It’s a fantastic way to start your day/week!
- Wednesdays at 10 am, Coffee Mornings in Barney’s (St Barnabas) at 10.00am. Why not come along and join in the chat?
- Wednesdays at 7 pm, (Fortnightly) — Contemplative Service: An opportunity for a quiet reflective service. Our next scheduled services are at All Saints Church on: 1/11, 15/11, 6/12, 7/12. All are welcome.
- Saturdays 10-12 noon: St Barnabas Church is open on Saturdays. Refreshments offered. All are welcome!
- Saturdays 10-11 am: Choir Practice at St Barnabas choir. Why not come along and join in! All are very welcome.
- Sundays at 10 am — Public Worship:
All are welcome to our act of worship on a Sunday mornings at All Saints Church and St Barnabas Church.
- Harvest Services & Gifts: A massive THANK YOU to all who supported our services and offered gifts to support those in need in our communities. Thank you for your tremendous ministry.
- Confirmation Service: THANK YOU to all who prayed, supported and attended the service at St Samson’s to support Charles and family at his confirmation service.
- ‘Bring and Share Supper’ with Swindon Brass: A huge THANK YOU to all who supported this event. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and Swindon Brass were brilliant. Thank you, Barbara, for organising this event.
- Benefice Magazine: Thank you for all your contributions. And, to all who distribute the magazines, many thanks for your efforts.
- Bible Study: Pilgrim Course – ‘The Lord’s Prayer’: How Do Christians Know & Worship God (Six sessions). Many thanks to all who have attended these sessions. It has been super journeying with you through this time of fellowship and study. Looking forward to our next Bible Study sessions in 2024.
- Reflections on Black History Month
- Statement from Bristol interfaith leaders on the violence in Israel-Palestine
- Transforming Church Together
- Sunday 5th November: All Souls Service,3pm at All Saints
- Sunday 12th November: Remembrance Service: 10am at All Saints and St Barnabas
- Sunday, 3 December: Welcome service for the next Bishop of Swindon, 6.30pm in Christ Church Swindon.
- Sunday 24th December: Christmas Eve services: 10am and 10pm at All Saints and St Barnabas
- Monday 25th December: Christmas Day services: 10am at All Saints and St Barnabas
Other Activities and Outreach
- Pop-Up Café & Coats in November. An outreach opportunity to connect our churches with parents, grandparents and carers on the school run. Keep an eye out for forthcoming information. We are meeting in October to firm up details. [In the meantime, if you have any warm coats, in good condition, which need a good home (adult and children), please bring to the church or vicarage. Thank you.]
- Monday, 11th December: Meeting with the Bible Society: 11 am at St Barnabas. Why not come along and hear more about their ministry?
- Wednesday, 13th December: ‘God conversation’ – Parables: 12-2 pm at All Saints
- Wednesday, 20th December: ‘God conversation’ – Prayer: 12-2 pm at St Barnabas
Please pray for weddings, baptisms and funerals across the benefice. Pray for all the couples/families, and for the ministry teams involved in preparation sessions and visits.
Prayer Ministry: If you know anyone who would like to go on our Prayer Circle list, be prayed for at our Sunday services, and/or would like a phone call for a prayer — please contact Brenda Young (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Lay Minister. Please note we do need express permission from people before they are put on any prayer lists. Thank you.
Pastoral Ministry: Please let Revd Cathy or Revd Barbara know if anyone would benefit from receiving a phone call or card from the ministry team (they do not need to attend church on Sundays, but should reside in the parishes of Gorse Hill and Ferndale). Many thanks.
Extended Home Communion: If you know anyone who would value receiving Holy Communion at home, please let Revd Cathy or Revd Barbara know. Thank you.