Banns of Marriage

Banns of Marriage

If you are having a Church of England marriage service in a parish other than the one where you live, the parish church where you live needs to:

  • call your Banns; and:
  • issue you with a certificate.


What this means is that your intention to marry is announced in your home parish church on three Sundays before you get married and after that you will be issued with a certificate for you to give to the minister who will be officiating at your wedding service.

It is an excellent idea to arrange for your Banns to be read two months before you plan to get married.

To arrange for your Banns to be read, please contact us.